SCREENPLAY COMPANION® ‘A Workbook for Screenwriters’ by W.L. Davis, Jr.
New updated 5th edition – 124 pages
Discounts for Educational Institutions & Organizations
WORKBOOK’S FEATURED SECTIONS:
- WHAT IF?: The WHAT IF… plants the seed of an idea for your story.
- STORY: Take that seed of an idea and write your SCRIPT, NOVEL or PLAY.
- BREAKING STORY: Like a Writer’s Room, YOU break down your story.
- 3 ACT STORY BOARDS: Using Post-it-Note® Move your scenes around easily.
- WRITER’S JOURNAL: Your thoughts, Research, Character traits, and more.
- CHARACTERS: Who are they? What do they want? Internal and external.
- CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS: How do your characters relate to each other?
- MAJOR SCENES: Write down your critical scenes, plot-points, misdirection & more.
- SCENE ANALYSIS: Once completed, analyze each scene. KEEP it or CUT it.
- THE HOOK: Develop the first 10 pages that will hook your audience.
- CHARACTER OBSTACLES: What obstacles stands in the way of your character?
- LOCATION: Where does your story take place? What is the tone? The Time Period?
- SCRIPT SUBMITTAL LOG: Track your SCRIPT submissions.
- CALENDAR: A variable calendar designed to start ANY time of the year.
- WRITING SCHEDULE: Organize your writing life.
- WRITER’S ASSIGNMENT: Collaboration or for formal writing courses.
- POST-IT-NOTES®: Used throughout this workbook when brainstorming.
Let screenplay Companion organize your writing life!